If you are thinking of ways on how to best spend 10 days in London without breaking the bank, here are some of the best free things you would not want to miss out on.
1. See the vast and awe-inspiring collection at one of London’s must-see attractions – the British Museum. Get a glimpse of some of the thousands of artworks and artifacts the museum has on display.
2. Make a pit stop at the National Gallery to see the works of some of the greatest artists of all time like Michelangelo and Renoir among many others.
3. Enjoy the architecture and explore the contemporary artworks and exhibitions at the Tate Modern.
4. Spend time looking at some of the more than four million collection of decorative arts and items at the Victoria & Albert Museum.
5. Indulge your inner geek at the Science Museum and enjoy some of its interactive exhibits.
6. Admire the architecture at the Houses of Parliament and see the city’s iconic clock tower – the Big Ben.
7. Head out to the Buckingham Palace and find a good spot to watch the Changing of the Guard.
8. Make time for Sunday worship at the Westminster Abbey and be awed by the beautiful interior of the world-renowned church.
9. Visit the Tower of London at night to witness the centuries-old tradition of the Ceremony of the Keys.
10. Take a stroll and enjoy the spectacular views along the banks of the Thames.
12. Go for a walk along the London Wall to see what is left of the city’s ancient Roman walls.
13. Explore the many attractions and activities at London’s Royal Parks.
14. See what’s on the menu at the food stalls of the city’s famous Borough Market.
15. Catch a lunchtime concert at St Martin’s in the Fields.